top of page

All the Answers You Seek, In One Place

Q- Am I a Psychotherapist?

A- No I am not. I am a Registered Social Service Worker! I provide assessment, treatment and evaluation services within the client and social service worker relationship. A social service worker is able to provide counselling services and support within their scope of practice or expertise. My scope of practice includes: Anxiety, depression, grief/loss/bereavement, stress, life skills, and palliative care/end of life support. My perspective is highly trauma informed.

Q- What is Counselling?

A- Counselling services are defined as services provided within the context of a professional relationship with the goal of assisting clients in addressing issues in their lives by such activities as helping clients to find solutions and make choices through exploration of options, identification of strengths and needs, locating information and providing resources, and promoting a variety of coping strategies, but do not include psychotherapy services or the controlled act of psychotherapy. - Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Worker

Q- Do you have an office you practice out of?

A- Yes I do. However, I do rent the space so there is an added fee to in person services. I do offer virtual services for a reduced rate.

Q- Can you write me a legal note?

A - I can, but it might not make as big of an impact as a legal note from a Social Worker, Psychotherapist or Psychologist. I would serve as a character witness to some extent.

Q- Are you insured?

A- Yes, I am. As a self employed professional, I need to hold liability insurance to protect myself, and you!

Q- Why do you ask for payment at the beginning of the session/service?

A- It makes it easier for both of us! I don't have to send reminders, and you don't have to remember to pay! You wouldn't go to the grocery store and leave without paying, would you?

Q- End of Life Doula? What is that? How does someone get into that line of work?

A- Please look through the resources on the End of Life Service Page for more information. As for me getting into that line of work, I see death as an inevitable experience, so why fear it? It is better to talk about death and prepare for it so it does not have to be a negative experience for ourselves or our loved ones.

bottom of page